1. Three Stages of Amazement: A Novel, by Carol Edgarian
2. The 5th Witness, by Michael Connelly
3. The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain
4. The Tiger’s Wife, by Téa O’Breht
5. The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party : The New No. 1
Ladies’ Detective Agency Novel, by Alexander McCall Smith
6. The Troubled Man, by Henning Mankell and Laurie Thompson
7. The Land of Painted Caves, by Jean Auel
8. The Pale King, by David Foster Wallace
9. Horoscopes for the Dead: Poems, by Billy Collins
10. She Walks in Beauty: A Woman’s Journey Through Poems, by Caroline Kennedy
Books Inc. Staff Picks
Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef, by Gabrielle Hamilton
Foodies will know Gabrielle’s food writing from The New Yorker, The New York Times, Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, and many more. Or you may know her as the chef-owner of Prune restaurant in New York City. What you may not know is her unconventional path to get to where she is today. This book is that story, told with her usual honestly and passion.
FICTION FOR KIDS
The Land of Painted Caves, by Jane Auel
Finally! The next installment of Jean Auel’s epic Earth’s Children, years in the making, has arrived. This, the conclusion of the series, puts us back together with Ayla, the beloved heroine, as we follow her to the Land of Painted Caves. Amazing detail and research. Auel lovers will not be disappointed.
– Rich Ciccotelli
Arcadia Falls, by Carol Goodman
My girlfriend could not put this book down. I was a little annoyed. Then I read it. I couldn’t put it down either. Moral No. 1 – the girlfriend is always right. Moral No. 2 – Carol Goodman writes great mysteries. Now in paperback.
– Tom Gartner
CLASSIC I FORGOT TO READ
The Borrowers, by Mary Norton
This book and its various sequels were among my very favorites when I was a kid so long ago. I’m rereading them now, and I must say, I still love them.
– Bob Deloria
Rich Ciccotelli is the manager of Books Inc. in the Marina. The best-seller list is based on sales in Books Inc.’s stores in the Marina and Laurel Village during the first three weeks of April.